Friday, May 23, 2008

3 Weeks AFTER Wildflower

Ideally, I would have given this detailed update on my experience at Wildflower, but the day I got home, I got food poisoning. I was out for most of the week pooping and puking (at the same time!)... and needless to say, I had very little energy or desire to do anything except sleep.

But Wildflower was awesome! I totally kicked ass. I had expected to come in in 4 hours, but my total time ended up being 3:29. I was stoked! Here are my stats:

1 mile swim: 31 minutes
26 mile bike: 1 hour 42 min
6.2 mile run: 1 hour 6 min

So for my first Olympic distance, I crushed it. My husband, mom and sister were there, I had plenty of time in the morning to get mentally prepared and listen to my favorite Rocky theme song, and to just get into the zone. And it apparently worked.

As for what's on the horizon.... I'm not really sure. I have only worked out about 1x/week since Wildflower. I'm not sure what that's about, other than the fact that I've just been enjoying spending more time with Kevin, having more time to catch up with things at home, spending more time making videos, and just taking a break.

But it's now May 23rd (i think), and I'm starting to feel a little guilty (and puffy), so i think it's probably time to pick another couple events to train for... or knowing myself, I'll quickly turn into a sedate loaf.

I'm considering doing the San Francisco 1/2 Marathon on August 3rd, the Pacific Grove Olympic or Sprint Triathlon on Sept 13th, and the Santa Cruz Sentinel Olympic Triathlon on Sept 21st. We'll see... I think I'll decide this this weekend what I plan to commit to.

On another note, Kevin and I are "opening our minds" to the thought of having kids... more to come on that.... AND I think we're making an offer on our first home together - today. It's a beautiful home tucked in the woods of Mill Valley. So stay tuned on that front....

Thank you to everyone for all of your support in my triathlon experience! I truly appreciated everyone's best wishes for me - I felt every single good thought you've shared!

No comments: